Credit requests must be submitted within thirty days of the customer's order date. Pet Assistant reserves the right to audit all credit requests and investigate any issues before applying a credit to your account.
Benazepril (Lotensin) Hydrochloride Tablets are useful in treating some types of kidney disease, as well as high blood pressure and heart failure in cats and dogs. It is an effective treatment when used in conjunction with thiazide diuretics or when used independently.
*Sold per Tablet.
Who is Benazepril Hydrochloride Tablet for?
For use in cats and dogs.
Why use Benazepril Hydrochloride Tablet?
Benazepril lowers blood pressure, decreases fluid retention, and dilates veins.
How does Benazepril Hydrochloride Tablet work?
Benazepril prevents a blood chemical called angiotensin I from converting to a more potent type, increasing water and salt retention within the body.
Solco, Amneal or other generic brand
How is Benazepril Hydrochloride Tablet sold?
5 mg extra small tablet, 5 mg tablet, or 10 mg tablet
What are the side effects of Benazepril Hydrochloride Tablet?
If you observe any of the following serious allergic reactions, discontinue use and seek emergency veterinary attention:
- Swollen tongue
- Swollen face
- Swollen lips
- Difficulty breathing
Other side effects are rare, but may include:
- Changes in urination (sign of kidney dysfunction)
- Increased thirst (sign of kidney dysfunction)
- Low blood pressure
- Loss of appetite
Notify your veterinarian if your pet exhibits symptoms of these or any other side effect.
What special precautions are there?
- Do not administer to pets who are allergic to this or any other ACE inhibitor.
- Use with caution in pets with blood cell abnormalities, lupus, cardiovascular disease, low blood pressure, or low sodium.
- Use with extreme caution in pets who are critically ill or have acute kidney injury.
- Do not administer to pregnant animals unless the benefits far outweigh the risks.
- Use with caution in lactating pets.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest animal hospital.
How can I store Benazepril Hydrochloride Tablet?
Store in a dry and cool environment.
- Your veterinarian should monitor your pet's urinalysis, kidney values, and blood electrolyte levels within two weeks of beginning treatment with this medication. If this medication is being used to manage high blood pressure, your veterinarian will routinely monitor your pet's blood pressure to ensure that the medication is working.
- Monitor your pet at home for serious adverse reactions.
- If you miss a dose, administer it as soon as you remember, then wait the recommended amount of time before the next dose. Never give extra doses or administer two doses at once.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.