Credit requests must be submitted within thirty days of the customer's order date. Pet Assistant reserves the right to audit all credit requests and investigate any issues before applying a credit to your account.
Animax Ointment combines a corticosteroid and an antimicrobial in one medication. It manages dermatological disorders indicated by dry exudative dermatitis or inflammation, especially those caused by candidal or bacterial infections.
What is Animax Ointment?
Animax is a combination antimicrobial and corticosteroid for the management of dermatological disorders characterized by inflammation or dry exudative dermatitis, particularly those caused by bacterial or candidal infections, in cats and dogs.
Who is Animax Ointment for?
For use in cats and dogs.
Why use Animax Ointment?
Animax treats dry dermatitis and inflammation.
How does Animax Ointment work?
The four active ingredients in Animax (triamcinolone acetonide, a powerful synthetic corticosteroid; nystatin, an antifungal antibiotic; thiostrepton, an antibiotic; and neomycin, an antimicrobial) offer four therapeutic results. It is antibacterial, antipruritic, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory.
- Triamcinolone acetonide
- Neomycin sulfate
How is Animax Ointment sold?
Animax is sold by the tube. In 7.5 ml, 15ml or 30ml sizes.
What are the side effects of Animax Ointment?
Side effects from systemic or parenteral use of synthetic corticosteroids like Animax include:
- Diarrhea (typically bloody)
- Polyuria (excessive urination)
- Polydipsia (excessive thirst)
- Elevation of SGPT (ALT) and SAP enzymes
Repeated or prolonged steroid use in dogs has been associated with the development of Cushing's syndrome.
Using corticosteroid medications to treat otitis can cause temporary loss of hearing. However, withdrawing the medication typically results in restoration of hearing. If hearing loss is observed during Animax treatment, discontinue use and contact your pet's veterinarian.
What special precautions are there?
Store Animax at a temperature below 86°F.
- Keep out of reach of animals and children.
- Do not administer to pregnant animals.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest animal hospital
How can I store Animax Ointment?
Store at room temperature and avoid excessive heat (104°F).
- Before using medication in the ear, examine the ear canal thoroughly to make sure the tympanic membrane is not ruptured. This will avoid the transmission of infection to the middle ear, as well as avoid damage to the vestibular apparatus or cochlea from prolonged contact.
- Wash hands thoroughly prior to use and wear gloves during administration.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.