Credit requests must be submitted within thirty days of the customer's order date. Pet Assistant reserves the right to audit all credit requests and investigate any issues before applying a credit to your account.
Clavamox Chewable Tablets are potentiated penicillin. This medication is used to treat infections caused by susceptible bacteria. Dogs may be prescribed Clavamox to treat soft tissue and skin infections, such as deep pyoderma, juvenile pyoderma, superficial pyoderma, cellulitis, abscesses, and wounds, or for periodontal disease. Cats may be prescribed Clavamox for soft tissue and skin infections, such as dermatitis, cellulitis, abscesses, and wounds, or for urinary tract infections. Sold per chewable tablet.
What is Clavamox Chewable Tablet?
Clavamox Chewable Tablets for cats and dogs combines the broad spectrum antibiotic activity of amoxicillian and is effective against many gram-positive and gram-negative aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, such as those that cause soft tissue and skin infections in dogs and cats, urinary tract infections in cats and periodontal disease in dogs.
Who is Clavamox Chewable Tablet for?
For use in cats and dogs.
Why use Clavamox Chewable Tablet?
Features of Clavamox:
- Active against many types of gram-negative and gram-positive anaerobic and aerobic microorganisms for a period of up to thirty days.
- Considered to be safe in treating your pet against harmful bacteria
- Effective in treating cats for urinary tract infections
- Shown to be clinically effective in treating canine periodontal disease
- Treats soft tissue and skin infections, like dermatitis, cellulitis, abscesses, and wounds in cats and dogs
How does Clavamox Chewable Tablet work?
Clavulanate and Amoxicillin, the two main ingredients of Clavamox, work together to provide broad-spectrum antibiotic action. Amoxicillin stops the bacteria from forming a cell wall, and Clavulanate forces some Amoxicillin-resistant bacteria to weaken and become susceptible to the antibiotic.
Clavulanic Acid and Amoxicillin Trihydrate
How is Clavamox Chewable Tablet sold?
Sold by the tablet in strengths of : 62.5 mg, 125 mg, 250 mg or 375 mg
What are the side effects of Clavamox Chewable Tablet?
This medication is considered safe during pregnancy. Administer with caution to pregnant pets.
The following side effects may be experienced, but could be remedied by administering the medication with food:
- Decreased appetite
While rare, allergic reactions could occur. If you notice these or any other unusual symptoms, discontinue use immediately and notify your veterinarian:
- Facial swelling
- Irregular breathing
What special precautions are there?
- Clavamox contains amoxicillin, a semi-synthetic penicillin. This could potentially cause an allergic reaction. Administer steroids and/or epinephrine if your pet experiences an allergic reaction.
- Safety has not been proven in breeding or pregnant animals.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest emergency pet hospital.
How can I store Clavamox Chewable Tablet?
Store in a cool and dry environment that doesn't exceed 77° F (25° C).
Your pet may begin taking Clavamox before obtaining susceptibility and bacteriological study results. Prior to treatment with Clavamox, a culture should be obtained to determine organism susceptibility.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.