Doxycycline is used to treat susceptible organism-caused bacterial infections, Chlamydia, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and Lyme disease. It is a bacteriostatic antibiotic.
What is Doxycycline Hyclate 100 mg?
Doxycycline hyclate tablets are a bacteriostatic antibiotic used for the treatment of infections such as Lyme disease, Chlamydia, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and bacterial infections caused by susceptible organisms.
Who is Doxycycline Hyclate 100 mg?
For use in dogs and cats.
Why use Doxycycline Hyclate 100 mg?
Doxycycline is effective in the treatment of:
- Bladder and urinary tract infections
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
- Lyme disease
How does Doxycycline Hyclate 100 mg?
This water soluble doxycycline is an antibiotic that stops bacteria from multiplying and producing protein. It is synthetically derived from oxytetracycline.
How is Doxycycline Hyclate 100 mg?
Sold by the tablet in strengths of 100 mg.
What are the side effects of Doxycycline Hyclate?
Potential side effects include:
- Mild nausea
Although these symptoms may be inconvenient, they do not indicate a serious problem. Continue administering the medication and consult your veterinarian about symptom relief solutions.
What special precautions are there?
- Avoid dairy products and milk when taking Doxycycline, unless expressly recommended by your veterinarian.
- Do not give this medication to dogs with kidney or liver disorders.
- Inform your veterinarian of any tetracycline allergies or any other similar antibiotics (Panmycin, Dynacin, Minocin, Declomycin, Sumycin) prior to giving this medication to your pet.
- Because this medication impedes bone growth, it should not be administered to nursing or pregnant dogs.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest emergency pet hospital.
How can I store Doxycycline Hyclate 100 mg?
Store in a dry and cool place.