Credit requests must be submitted within thirty days of the customer's order date. Pet Assistant reserves the right to audit all credit requests and investigate any issues before applying a credit to your account.
Equioxx Chewable Tablets contain firocoxib, an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) that works to control inflammation and pain in horses caused by osteoarthritis.
What is Equioxx, 57 mg Chewable Tablets?
They are a non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drug for the control of pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis in horses.
Who is Equioxx, 57 mg Chewable Tablets for?
For use in horses.
Why use Equioxx, 57 mg Chewable Tablets?
Equioxx tablets are easily-administered and help relieve inflammation and pain in horses suffering from arthritis.
How does Equioxx, 57 mg Chewable Tablets work?
Firocoxib is a non-steroidal, non-narcotic NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) from the coxib (cyclooxygenase-inhibiting) class. These tablets are anti-pyretic, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic. Date has proven firocoxib to selectively inhibit biosynthesis of prostaglandins by inhibiting inducible COX-2 enzymes. It is selective for COX-2, typically leaving COX-1 unaffected.
How is Equioxx, 57 mg Chewable Tablets sold?
57 mg chewable tablets in 60 ct and 180 ct bottles
What are the side effects of Equioxx, 57 mg Chewable Tablets?
Use of NSAIDs like Equioxx can result in adverse reactions. Severe reactions may occur without or with warning. The most frequently reported side effects of Equioxx are:
- Ulcers and erosions of the skin and mucosa
- Other face, mouth, skin, lip, or tongue effects
- Kidney problems
- Liver problems
- Gastrointestinal issues
Other indications that your horse may be having a negative reaction or other medical issue include:
- Changes in behavior, including decreased level of activity or increased level of activity
- Unexplained weight loss
- Jaundice (yellowing of the whites of the eyes, skin, or gums)
- Changes in color or frequency of urination
- Ulcers or sores in the mouth or on the tongue
- Facial skin and/or mouth rubbing, redness, scabs, and/or sores
What special precautions are there?
- Do not administer to animals with firocoxib hypersensitivity.
- Keep this and any other medication away from children.
- Do not administer to humans.
- Prevent accidental overdose or ingestion by storing this medication away from dogs and other animals.
- Not for use in horses intended for food slaughter.
- Only for use in horses.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest emergency pet hospital.
How can I store Equioxx, 57 mg Chewable Tablets?
Store in a dry and cool environment. , between 15° - 30° C (59°- 86 ° F). Brief instances up to 104° F (40° C) are permitted.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.