Fludrocortisone Acetate is used to treat Addison's Disease (hypoadrenocorticism). May also be used to lower the potassium level in animals with high levels of potassium in their blood.
Who is Fludrocortisone 0.1 mg Tablet for?
For use in dogs.
Why use Fludrocortisone 0.1 mg Tablet?
Fludrocortisone Acetate Tablets are easily administered, side-effect-free, and are useful in the treatment of Addison's Disease.
How does Fludrocortisone 0.1 mg Tablet work?
Fludrocortisone helps the kidneys balance potassium and sodium concentration.
How is Fludrocortisone 0.1 mg Tablet sold?
0.1 mg single tablets
What are the side effects of Fludrocortisone 0.1 mg Tablet?
Side effects include:
- Poor coat
- Hair loss
- Excessive appetite
- Weight gain
- Excessive urine production
- Excessive thirst
What special precautions are there?
- Kittens or puppies taking this medication should be put on milk replacement because fludrocortisone acetate is excreted through maternal milk.
- Many dogs will require increasing doses over time to maintain normal electrolyte ranges.
- Kidney function and electrolyte levels should be routinely checked while your pet is taking this medication.
- Animals with decreased adrenal function could need other corticosteroids during stress or prior to surgery.
- Do not administer to a person.
- Do not administer to animals other than the one to which it was prescribed.
- Use according to your veterinarian's instructions.
- Keep out of reach of children.
What to do if overdose?
Immediately contact your closest animal hospital.
How can I store Fludrocortisone 0.1 mg Tablet?
Store at room temperature.