Metronidazole Tablets are antibiotics that are especially powerful in treating anaerobic infections. It offers anti-inflammatory characteristics in the large intestine. It is also an impressively effective anti-diarrheal.
*Sold per tablet.
Who is Metronidazole Tablet for?
For use in cats and dogs.
Why use Metronidazole Tablet?
Metronidazole is an effective treatment for:
- Periodontal disease
- Some diarrheal disorders
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
How does Metronidazole Tablet work?
Metronidazole is useful on anaerobic infections. It has anti-inflammatory benefits in the large intestines, and it is an anti-diarrheal for certain diseases.
Cadila, Watson Pharmaceuticals or other generic brand
How is Metronidazole Tablet sold?
What are the side effects of Metronidazole Tablet?
If your pet exhibits any of the following signs of an allergic reaction, seek emergency veterinary attention.
- Swollen throat
- Swollen tongue
- Swollen lips
- Swollen face
- Difficulty breathing
Contact your veterinarian immediately if your pet exhibits signs of the following potentially serious reactions:
- Bloody diarrhea
- Watery diarrhea
- Sores on the lips or in the mouth
Continue administering metronidazole and speak to your veterinarian if your pet has any of the following less serious reactions:
- Swollen tongue
- Runny nose
- Dry mouth
- Loss of balance
What special precautions are there?
- Avoid or use with caution (in reduced doses) in animals with liver or kidney disease.
- Do not administer to young kittens or puppies.
- This medication caused birth defects in laboratory tested animals. Avoid administering to pregnant animals, particularly in the first trimester.
- A certain level of this medication is excreted through breast milk and should not be administered to lactating animals.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest pet hospital.
How can I store Metronidazole Tablet?
Store at room temperature away from moisture and excessive heat.